Thursday, June 21, 2018

Honey Cake (蜂蜜蛋糕) - 2nd Attempt

Because wanna to well informed of the honey I am selling. I’m trying various cakes, cookies, other confectioneries recipes associated using with Honey.

Advertisement time:-

Honey (Premium 100% Original and natural honey RAJABORNEO Boruti Acacia honey, it is natural brewing, not concentrated not added, was amber, rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, a variety of amino acids and other organisms Active substances, nutritious and comprehensive suitable for the whole family to consume)

You can click here to purchase our premium honey @


Thus, Honey Cake becomes an important baking I need to make. After some searching and goggling, I realised that Honey Castella (Kasutera) Cake ((蜂蜜蛋糕) or known as Japanese Castella Cake is a popular Japanese honey spongecake and are so popular in Japan as this Castella Cake is being sold everywhere in Japan, from departmental stores, specialty sweet stores to convenient stores. They often come in a slim rectangle boxes in simple plastic packaging for everyday snack or fanciful packaging for gifting.

Thro this delicate cake is claimed to be very moist, smooth, bouncy, and has just enough sweetness with a fragrance of honey.


However, the nature of this cake is to be store in the refrigerator overnight (at least 12 hours) immediately after baked. And I still prefer to eat cake hot fresh from the oven. So, here I am making from another recipe that can serve immediately after its baked. This is my 2nd attempt making this honey cake but I will not mention anything from the first attempt as it is totally a failure.



Ingredients


Baking Process




  
  


  




  









  
  
  

  
  
   
  

   


End Result Thumb Up or Thumb Down?

When shifting flour in, my six sense already tell me that this time round, my cake might not raise nicely and achieve the norm texture (light, fluffy) that all good baked cake suppose to have.

This is the most crucial step to do. This Honey Cake biggest enemy is to / must remove big air bubbles from time to time. Just look at the mixture - still so many big bubbles / batter lump on the surface. All this spoilers I came to know of after failing to achieve a light and fluffy texture after baked and doing some googling research.

Thro I have a six sense that the cake will not get the light and fluffy texture but i also surprised to note that it actually rise quite nice surface and evenly golden brown. The downside is that when a skewer is inserted and still sticky, my heart really sink to the bottle.





I think the outer look of the cake is fine. But how about inside......... feeling very anxious to cut out the cake.



The end result of this cake:

If you measure the ingredients wrongly, whisk wrongly, bake at the wrong temperature, or overbaked, your cake will shrink a lot after it's removed from the oven. Don't underbaked or the cake will collapse.

Hmm....... and yet to mention the taste: Good! and I enjoy this 'Kueh Kueh alike Cake very much.

Stay tune for my 3rd attempt Honey Cake baking.


No comments:

Post a Comment