Saturday, March 30, 2019

可乐饼系列之豆腐可乐饼 (Japanese Tofu Croquette/Korokke)

I really fancy Japanese Croquette or named Korokke.  Be it with potato, sweet potato or meat / seafood and but not least with tofu etc. So long is coded with the Japanese Breadcrumb, I really love to eat. This is also one of those Japanese homestyle dishes that can easily be made at home.

This time with the balance breadcrumb. I have made this Tofu Croquette.



Ingredients



Making Process



















End Results Thumb Up or Down


The Tofu mixture are rather too hard and resemble crumber; I think I have get the wrong type of tofu for this croquette made. As such, the shape of this 1st batch croquette was not done perfectly.









1st batch of Tofu Croquette making





For the 2nd batch Croquette making, I suddenly have an idea! That is to use an ice cream scoop to scoop shape the tofu mixture and this time I found it to be more easy to manage the shape and handling the frying. I could not help praising myself for being sudden wisely! 


The Tofu Croquette is crispy in the outside but a bit of on the hard taste inside. Mainly due to the type of tofu used. As such, I concluded this is NOT the correct Japanese Croquette texture I wish to achieve. 

Stay tune for the next endeavour.



No comments:

Post a Comment