Sunday, April 7, 2019

Traditional Cherry Cake with Almonds

When I am browsing a baking book, I am attracted by a cake recipe - Traditional Cherry Cake. This Cherry Cake baking is resemble those old-fashioned, very English kind of cake. Especially have seem this Traditional Cherry Cake selling at "Toast Box", where a small piece of Cherry Cake goes for S$4.00! Wow, $4.00...... without second thought, i really want to make it on my own. In additional, I have a packet of Almond and decided to add on to the Cherry Cake.



Ingredients



Baking Process

   
  

  
  
  
  

















  



 





End result Thumb Up or Down

   
This is the first time I am baking a Cherry Cake. This is also the first recipe that I have chanced upon to adopt! 





However, the Maraschino Cherry amount I possessed was not sufficient for this Cherry Cake making. As such, the final look of my Cherry Cake, I should say if I don't mentioned that I am making Cherry Cake, no one can assume this is a Cherry Cake.





Also, I have followed closely to the recipe (except I have added almonds which not indicated in the recipe) and the Cherry Cake as a result is: not moist, not light nor soft. I concluded this baking is a failure! This is not the traditional Cherry Cake that I have eaten from outside selling. Perhaps I have put too much almonds into the cake? And what else is going wrong? No wonder the Toast Box is selling a pc of this Cherry Cake at S$4.00.........
Nevertheless, I will search another recipe and have more attempts to make a good Traditional Cherry Cake where I could price it even higher than S$4.00........

No comments:

Post a Comment